Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Obsessions

Question - How do you stop wanting something that you want badly but know you can't have? You've had a taste of it, loved it, and are now being told no more. I know that it is in my best interest to stop but it is soooo hard to not want it all the time. Sometimes life sucks.

On that note, I am trying to cut back on my Pepsi intake, the potato chips, ice cream, all the crap I eat on a daily basis. I found out last week that a friend of mine from high school died, no one I have talked to has been able to find out the exact cause of death which is weird, but it has just got me thinking. I don't want to die at 32. I have such a unhealthy life style and I guess it is time to change that. So I start with my food and I figure exercise is next, I better start doing some since I do pretty much do none at all right now.

I am having a hard time though wanting the things I shouldn't have, it has turned into an outright obsession with some things. The more I tell myself I can't have it, the more I want it. My brain knows it is not the right thing to do, to just stay away but I know it's there and I can't help myself. I was doing really good with this last week, but I caved today. How do you do this when what you want it staring you in the face?

4 comments:

Amy Marie said...

Jenn one small step at a time... try eating small amounts of the things you want so badly then maybe your body won't feel like your dening it things it wants...

Rosemary said...

Hi Jenn, it's me, Rosemary from the UK. I have finally found you and read your post about why I had missed you. It all appeared to happen while I was on holiday.

I am so glad Ryan is back home with you.

Keep in touch, you can find a link to me via G

Unknown said...

Oh Jenn I have that same problem. I said that this week I was going to stop eating chocolate & crisps & what happens every night so far have had one or the other.
I think we will have to take baby steps & see if we can eat just a small portion each time we do.

Treighsie said...

Jenn, I know exactly what you mean. Being on WW means I've really had to eat less and less of things I love. And when I see how many points they are, sometimes I need to cut them out all together. I think the key is moderation... a little here and there is okay. Maybe switch to diet soda, low cal chips, low cal ice cream... while you're weaning away.