Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Ryan's Very Lucky Day

So if you recall,several weeks ago Ryan lost his wallet, His Nintendo DS and I washed his ipod all in one week. Well, after the ipod dried out it did work again, but after cleaning the everything I could think of no luck with the wallet or the Nintendo.

Well, this morning was recycle day. Apparently it was lucky I forgot last week and instead of dumping out the newspapers myself into the bucket like I usually do I made Ryan do it. He put the papers in the bucket one by one instead of just dumping the pile, and much to our surprise in between the newspapers was his wallet full of cash, I could not believe it. I cringe at the thought of how close it was to being thrown away. This stroke of luck caused me to search again for the ninentdo a little but still nothing.

Then this evening, Ryan in his excitement for open house at school tomorrow starts playing with his new bookbag for school, and yes there in one of the pockets was his Nintendo. I never thought to look there at all and apparently he completely forgot he ever put it in there.

I can't believe after looking for these things for weeks and I pretty much had assumed they were long gone, they both show up in the same day. What are the odds?Too bad he's not old enough to play the lottery :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow..That is one extremely lucky guy! :)

Amy Marie said...

wow that's great luck... did you think about keeping them yourself for a while?

Rosemary said...

Lucky boy - maybe he will take more care now, I hope so for your sake Jen

Treighsie said...

Wow, that is super luck!!

pixie said...

...or maybe he could be a detective??

Unknown said...

That was a very lucky streak. I hope he looks after his things better now.