Monday, March 19, 2007

My Little Princess

First let me say that I love Ashlyn! I cannot imagine my life without her. She is smart and kind, she listens most of the time, uses her manners. Overall I am a very lucky parent, I do know that.

Now that I said that, I need to vent. SHE IS DRIVING ME INSANE!! I cannot for the life of me figure out what is wrong with this child. She will be 6yrs old next month and lately out of nowhere she will go from be perfectly fine one minute to very clingy and whiney. She is acting like a 2yr old and I don't know what to do with her. She did not even act like this when she was 2. I have asked her if something is bothering her and she just says that she misses me and wants to be with me. I NEVER leave this child except when she goes to school. Anywhere else I go she is always with me so i don't understand this. I have tried spending extra time with her after school, just the 2 of us, but that seems to make it worse. She just pitches a fit when our time is over and I have to go make dinner. Or she will follow me around the house like a puppy. I am completley lost as to what I should I do with her. I am hoping she will just grow out of it, especially now that it is getting warm and she will want to go play outside with the other kids. I guess till then I just suffer :)

No comments: