Monday, March 5, 2007

Friends

Lately I have been thinking about life, my life in particular and the relationships I have had with other people. my parents, my siblings, my kids, and my friends. This has started because I can't find my oldest friend. Her phone is disconnected, she is not answering e-mails or even snail mail. She has had a pretty rough life in general and this is not the 1st time this has happened. She lives in NJ, I am in NC so I can't just pop in and see if she's okay. I do believe she will eventually get in touch w/ me when things get better for her, but the last time i spoke w/ her she was having trouble w/ her husband and quite frankly I am really worried about her this time.

Anyway this got me thinking about other people who have come into my life and what they meant to my life and also what I want them to mean. I think I have treated some people unfairly. I have listened to others and believed things that maybe I shouldn't have, I should have asked questions instead. I have lost some friendships by being too busy instead of making time to get together. For awhile this didn't bother me. I have a wonderful family and I believed that was enough, that in the end they would really be all that mattered. I changed my mind, I miss these people, I would like to have them back in my life. Hopefully they will understand and forgive me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm sure they would understand,J. I've made some of the same mistakes myself. *Hugs*