Friday, May 4, 2007

Bad Day

okay, so today I subbed 5th grade for the 1st time. When they called last night I thought no big deal, I have a 5th grader and I have dealt w/ him & his friends before, I can do this no problem.

Well, when I told Ryan this morning which teacher I was subbing for he says " I am so sorry mom, that class is horrible" I thought he was exaggerating, I was wrong, my day started off w/ another teacher handing me a pile of discipline referral forms and saying, you will need these. In the 1st 20 minutes, I had to send a student to ISS for telling me and the tutor who was helping out no, over and over and just being outright rude to the other children. By the end of the 1st 3 hours, I gave out 3 discipline assignments for disruptive behavior and had to send 1 other student to ISS.

Luckily this teacher team teaches with another 5th grade and we got to change classes before lunch. While we were changing classes the princpal and the Asst principal showed up to pull kids from both classes for something that happened on a bus that morning and luckily took away 4 boys from my afternoon class for ISS. The children that were left were well behaved so the day was not completely horrible, but I will never subb for that teacher again :(

This is my 1st bad experience with subbing and I guess I was just really disappointed since all my other classes had gone well before.

No comments: