Wednesday, November 12, 2008

just a few more weeks

hey there, things have been crazy around here lately, Ashlyn's 1st dance competition this year is next weekend. Not sure if the group is really ready, they did not have as much time to prepare for this. Last year their 1st competition wasn't until March so I think this one will be interesting. They have been working so hard though. They are dancing to "Wash that Man Right Out of My Hair" It is really cute. Hope they do well.

Ryan is doing well, trying to decide if he wants to play basketball this year. He seems to be growing out of this whole sports thing and just wants to hang out with his friends. I still can't believe he will be 13 in just 3 months. What happened to my baby??

The kids just got their report cards last week and they both did awesome. Ashlyn got A-B honor roll and Ryan just missed it. He got all A's and a C in Math. Next time. School is going well for me too. I only have 4 1/2 weeks till this semester is over and then only 1 more to go!! WOOHOO!!

Everything else is good, I think we are all settling in to Duane's new job. It is still weird not having him around at night, and it is hard having to deal with the kids all the time by myself, but after a few rough months I think the kids have realized I mean business. At 1st they tried to get away with alot but I've had to get a little tough and now things are going much better. Ashlyn still misses her dad alot but he walks her to school now so they have their time and it is helping too. He is much happier when he is here, so it is all for the best.

No comments: